Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Katie Baker's Single Story


         When most people see me they think I’m shy, not poor but not rich either,
and that we would probably never really get to know each other. Some thought
I was bossy, and didn’t like them. The reason for this is that I don’t talk to many
people so they don’t know what I think. They see the clothes I wear, the faces I
make, and they think they know me. They think they know who I am and what I
think. The truth is, you never really know what someone is thinking. When
people see me around my friends or people they see me as loud, and cracking
jokes. When I’m not around my friends they see me as quiet, and reserved.
When I’m in school they see me as smart, quiet, and not quite as interactive.
When I’m in band  they see me as unsociable or separated to that specific friend
group. When I’m in soccer they see me as involved and interactive.
         The truth is that I’m smart, perceptive, sarcastic, and ambitious. I act
differently around different people. I love band and soccer. I love hanging out
with my friends. Both my parents are teachers, which means we don’t have a
lot of money, but we have enough to live comfortably. I try to make friends with
a lot of people and be nice to everyone, but I’m only human. I may seem
unfriendly at school sometimes, but that’s not because I don’t like people, that’s
because I’m tired or stressed. People have many sides to them, they are rounded.
They can act happy and energetic one day, and sad and tired the next. I understand
how first impressions are important, but they are usually wrong.

1 comment:

  1. I see that we need to do a few activities to decrease the stress levels. This seems to be a common theme.

    ReplyDelete