Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Single Story Carson



I feel like the majority of people see me as a short person that focuses on his grades and has no sense of humor. I understand why others think this of me because I do get good grades, and also focus on my schoolwork although I like to have fun and laugh with some of my close friends. I feel like people see me this way because they don’t really know me, and I don’t act the same around people I’m not close with. If some of these people got to know me I believe they wouldn’t recognize that person that they believed I was, but see a whole different side of me. Most people judge me based on what happens inside of school although after school hours I feel like I am a polar opposite of the characteristics people see me as. I also believe people see me as antisocial but, I have to get to know a person before I engage in a conversion with them.

I believe I am more than my single story because the more I get to know someone and the more comfortable I become around them I tend to show my true character traits. While others judge me based upon my activity in a school setting I like to think of myself as a different person when out of school. I always go to movies and activities with my friends on the weekends, and they know what I’m really like because they are so close with me out of school. If the people who think I’m antisocial, only study and focus on grades get to know me I believe their outlook on my personality would change a whole lot. They would most likely see me as outgoing, energetic, friendly, and athletic. I think the biggest misconception people make about me is that I am antisocial. I show that I’m the opposite of this when I get to know someone. How much I speak to someone depends on how much I hang around them and also how comfortable I am around them. If they got to know me I would probably talk to them a lot more inside and outside of school hours. In short, I believe I am more than my single story because, I am social when I get to know someone, and I like to go out and do things with friends rather than studying for tests or quizzes in my free time.

1 comment: